Full-Spectrum, end-to-end Cancer gene therapy biotech:
The cancer gene therapy, generally referred to as “CAR-T” cell therapy (‘Chimeric Antigen Receptor”), has been heralded as a miraculous “cure” for cancer. The responses from patients has been spectacular- higher than 90% of patients responding.
However, this ‘miracle’ cancer gene (CAR-T) therapy suffers from several existential challenges:
- Very complex manufacturing process;
- Lack of industry-wide capacity for manufacturing CAR-T cell therapies for all eligible patients
- Very long time to manufacture- often over 4-6 weeks;
- Acute shortage of the most critical raw material, the virus vector;
- But most important, exorbitantly expensive, almost half a million dollars, making it unaffordable for most patients especially in developing countries.
MedTherapy has developed an innovative business model which addresses all these existential problems by:
- Dramatically reducing manufacturing time – to as little as a few DAYS!
- Dramatically reduced manufacturing cost through our proprietary technologies
- Greatly increased manufacturing capacity through its global GMP grade manufacturing facilities, and,
- In-house large-scale manufacturing of virus vectors through next-generation vector technology for several vectors – lenti, viruses, retro viruses, among several others.
Integrated, Full-spectrum CAR-T Biotech
Three Different Independent, Complementary Strategies
Global Manufacturing facilities for Cancer gene therapies:
To scale up and meet the acute shortage of CAR-T cell gene therapy manufacturing constraints